Video Remote Interpreting:
HIS VRI Application Minimum Requirements
Following are the device and network requirements for accessing HIS Sign's video interpreting services. These guidelines should be followed in order to assure adequate quality of the service you receive.
- Intel: 2.0 GHz or faster dual-core or multi-core CPU (second-generation or newer Intel Core i3, i5, i7 processors preferred), or quad-core Bay Trail Atom processors or newer
- AMD: 1.8 GHz or faster AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor
NOTE: Faster processors provide higher video frame rates. While multi-core processors slower than 2.0 GHz will work, they are not guaranteed to provide the best video quality.
Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
Video Chipset: Discrete video card, or integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better (found on second- generation or newer Core i3, i5, i7 processors)
Webcam: Minimum 2 MP; 720p video or higher recommended; external webcam recommended (be sure to install the webcam's native drivers on any computer using an external webcam)
Mobile Hardware and Software:
- Apple iPad: iPad 3rd Generation or newer or iPad Mini 2nd Generation or newer, running iOS 8 or higher with HIS Sign VRI Direct Mobile Application for iOS 1.1 or newer
- Apple iPhone: iPhone 5 or newer, running iOS 8 or higher with HIS Sign VRI Direct Mobile Application for iOS 1.1 or newer
- Microsoft Tablets (not comprehensive): Tablets using Intel Atom Z3770 chipset or better or Core i3 or better, running Windows 8.1 in desktop mode; please refer to the Desktop Software Platforms section for additional software requirements. Some tested systems include Dell Venue 8 Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3
- Android Tablets (not comprehensive): Tablets running Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer, manufactured since January 2012, using Google Chrome for Android 35 or newer. Quad-core tablet processors tend to test better than dual-core. Some tested systems include: Samsung Galaxy Tab S series, Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab 3 series, and Galaxy Tab 4 series
Desktop/Notebook/Windows Tablet Software:
Microsoft OS (32-bit/64-bit): Windows XP SP 3 (until December 31st, 2014), Windows 7, Windows 8 (Desktop mode), Windows 8.1 (Desktop mode) and Windows 10
Apple Desktop OS: Mac OS X 10.7 (Mountain Lion) or higher
Web Browsers: At least one of the following (some interpreters may need two options):
- (Windows only) HIS Sign VRI Desktop Application version 1.0.12 or higher;
- Google Chrome 31 (38 or newer recommended)
- Internet Explorer (32-bit) 10 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox 25 (32 or newer recommended)
- (Mac OS X only) Apple Safari 6.2 (8 or newer recommended)
Web Browser Plugins:
- "VRI for WebRTC" plug-in required for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. Install the plug-in by logging into the HIS Sign VRI Application, placing a demo call, and then following the on-screen prompts to install the plug-in.
Bandwidth: 1 Mbps upstream/downstream strongly recommended; minimum 500 kbps upstream/downstream supported
- 4G LTE connections/mobile hotspots are sufficient for most situations with an adequate connection to your LTE service provider.
- 3G connections/mobile hotspots may be sufficient for two-party calls when the 3G connection is not in use by other Internet applications and you have a strong connection to your 3G service provider
Required Domain and Port Configuration:
- TCP outbound 443 (Web traffic; encrypted videoconference streaming fallback when all UDP ports are unavailable):
- vridirect.com and *.vridirect.com (184.108.40.206)
- addlive.com and *.addlive.com (220.127.116.11)
- d36pfzlm4aixmv.cloudfront.net (18.104.22.168)
- Real-time communication service cluster (22.214.171.124/22)
- NOTE: Firewall rules for the above sites should be URI-based rather than IP address-based in order to support dynamic IP assignment for disaster recovery.
- TCP outbound 80 (Web traffic for our knowledge base support site):
- UDP inbound/outbound 3478 (encrypted audio/video streaming when using our desktop app or when using Google Chrome; also provides fallback streaming when other UDP ports unavailable) on IP address range 126.96.36.199/22
- UDP inbound/outbound 540 (encrypted audio streaming when using the browser plug-in) on IP address range 188.8.131.52/22
- UDP inbound/outbound 541 (encrypted video streaming when using the browser plug-in) on IP address range 184.108.40.206/22
- To help improve audio/video performance, set firewall QoS rules to increase priority of network traffic to/from UDP ports 3478, 540, 541
WebSockets Secure (wss://):
- To test, please visit http://websocketstest.com and verify that the WebSockets (Port 443, SSL) section of the test suite passes. If it does not pass, your proxy server, firewall, or Web filtering appliance may need to be configured to allow the WebSockets Secure protocol.