The HIS Sign Team Is Looking for a Accessibility Supervisor
Ashburn, VA 20147
Pay – Competitive
Job Type – Full-time
Shift and Schedule – Day Shift Eastern Time / Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Three weeks PTO
- Eleven paid Company Holidays
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Healthcare Stipend
- Additional PTO tied to tenure
- Mileage and expense reimbursement for travel
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
What You Will Need
This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as experience in customer service. Our department can get extremely busy, with a very demanding workload, so the ability to prioritize competing tasks and deadlines while maintaining accuracy with a keen attention to detail is imperative.
The HIS Sign motto is ‘Committed to Following the Golden Rule and Serving with Integrity and Dedication’. The Accessibility Supervisor must demonstrate that precept with soft skills such as empathy, patience, and mutual respect – even when under pressure. Effective communication is essential. The most successful candidates will build a professional rapport with our customers and service providers, take the initiative to learn more about the interpreting industry and be skillful with critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
As a remote-based company, qualified candidates must be technically savvy. You must be skilled in using specialized software related to departmental operations such as Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, cloud-based file sharing software systems, and internet search engines as well as using apps on cellular phones.
We need a team player that is adaptable, responsible, and dependable. While this is a remote position, the candidate must work following Eastern Standard Time during our core business hours of 8:00A – 5:00P with a one-hour lunch included.
The Accessibility Team is the central point-of-contact for HIS Sign clients, providers, Deaf consumers and internal HIS Sign staff. The Accessibility Supervisor (AS) has a deep understanding of scheduling protocols with a focus on customer service and relationship building. The Accessibility Supervisor will support the leadership of the
Accessibility Team Manager (ATM), and the Assistant Accessibility Team Manager (AATM), in coordinating all aspects of the department’s daily operations.
- Administrative – Service Calendar Management
Have the skill and knowledge to perform all functions related to service requests as maintained in the online scheduling tool, eRSP. The AS will be responsible for job plan development and maintenance.
- Scheduling of Service Orders
- Strategic Planning
- Plan Development and Maintenance, Email Management
Perform timely and efficient correspondence and filing of all emails received. Records Management, Ensure proper documentation and record keeping utilizing the online tools such as Outlook, Dropbox and eRSP. Compliance Requirements, Ensure subcontractors and staff interpreter profiles are updated to include the appropriate skills. Ensure that all annual compliance requirements are up-to-date and accurately documented. Provider Performance & Issues In the absence of the ATM, the AS will take the initiative to follow up on and document any provider’s performance feedback and facilitate any appropriate communication with all parties. Any service issues should be communicated to the ATM and may be escalated to senior management as needed.
- Management – Scheduling Department Staff Training
On occasion, the AS may be asked to support the Accessibility Team to provide necessary training and updates related to scheduling protocols. Communication may be in the form of email memos, newsletters, manuals, conference calls, in-person meetings, workshops as well as one-on-one training with team members. Personnel & Staffing – At times, the AS may be asked to support activities related to the hiring of a new team member. The AS will make contributions regarding interviews, feedback, and performance of team members. Any issues should be communicated to the ATM and may be escalated to senior management as needed. Conflict Resolution -The AS will support the ATM and at times, independently handle conflicts that occur with clients, providers, Deaf consumers, or members of the HIS Sign team. Any issues should be communicated to the ATM and may be escalated to senior management as needed.
- Customer Service – Communication
Effective, timely and professional communication with HIS Sign clients, providers, Deaf consumers, and internal staff. Customer Accounts Maintain and enhance knowledge of customer accounts providing concierge service to our primary client accounts. Seek to build a professional rapport with our ASL and CART business clients. Compliance Requirements Ensure provider subcontractors and staff interpreters meet the customer’s compliance requirements for assignments.
Scheduling Related Compliments & Complaints
In the absence of the ATM, follow up with clients to address and resolve any issues related to scheduling or provider services provided. Any issues should be communicated to the ATM and may be escalated to senior management as needed.
- Expectations – Develop an understanding of, and ability to enforce HIS Sign Procedures and Policies. Build a professional rapport with HIS Sign staff, clients, providers, and Deaf consumers. Provide concierge level services to our clients, understanding the needs of our individual client needs. Demonstrate strategic problem resolution skills. The AS will have a consistent and set schedule Monday-Friday that compliments and supports the needs of the business
- Skills & Qualifications – Minimum of two years of experience in a similar role. College graduate heavily preferred. Proficient use of Outlook and Microsoft Office. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently in a fast-pace, deadline driven environment. Accountability and reliability are paramount for this position. Highly organized with a keen attention to detail. Experience with eRSP scheduling tool is a plus!
If you feel that you are a great fit for the Accessibility Supervisor position with HIS Sign, please submit your cover letter and resume to Jobs@HISsign.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Work Location: Remote with On-site training