HIS Sign COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
HIS Sign, LLC provides ASL (remotely using our Virtual Interpreting Solution, VIS), TypeWell, CART, VRI and Spoken Language services nationally as well as internationally. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our clients, employees, subcontractors, and Deaf consumers. HIS Sign has operated virtually since 2010 and we are adept at coordinating service requests remotely.
HIS Sign has developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the current pandemic:
HIS Sign COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Our goal is to do our part to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in every instance that services are provided.
HIS Sign’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan is administered by our Human Resources Manager, Ilene Breneman. Although Ilene maintains the overall authority and responsibility for the plan every member of the team is equally responsible for supporting, implementing, verifying, complying with, and providing recommendations to further improve all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
HIS Sign has been monitoring and following CDC, local and state guidelines for workplace safety and has implemented the following guidelines for ALL employees and subcontractors:
- They are required to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- They are required to follow and adhere to all Local, State and Federal COVID-19 guidelines including, but not limited to:
- Social distancing practices – at least six-feet apart.
- Utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) – such as a mask, face shield, gloves or other items as appropriate for the environment.
- Practice good hygiene – washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day.
NOTE: HIS Sign understands that there may be additional guidelines set forth by our clients. HIS Sign will ensure that any client specific guidelines are strictly followed by employees or subcontractors providing onsite services when we are made aware that they exist. Send any additional work safety guidelines to RequestInterpreter@HISsign.com.
All HIS Sign employees and subcontractors need to immediately contact the HIS Sign Scheduling Manager if they:
- Experience COVID-19 symptoms as determined by the CDC guidelines.
- Have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or have COVID-like symptoms.
- Test positive for COVID-19.
- Are advised to self-isolate by a health-care professional.
- Have any other reason to suspect they may have COVID-19.
Upon notification that an employee or subcontractor meets any of the criteria listed in the Self-Monitoring Plan, the following will apply for 10 days (or the current CDC isolation recommendation) or until they are able to provide negative testing results:
- They will be immediately removed from all onsite assignments
- They will be suspended from providing onsite services
Upon notification that an employee or subcontractor meets any of the criteria listed in the Self-Monitoring Plan, the following tracking will occur:
- A log entry will be made in their personal file indicating which self-monitoring criteria is the cause of the suspension.
- A log entry will be made in their personal file indicating that the 10-day suspension (or the current CDC isolation recommendation) was completed or proof of a negative test for COVID-19 was obtained.
HIS Sign will continue to monitor all available work safety guidelines to ensure the greatest possible safety for our clients, employees, subcontractors, and Deaf consumers.
-The HIS Sign Team