Interested in Providing Services at a Company that Cares?
Thank you for your interest in providing interpreting services through HIS Sign. Please review the Interpreter Service Standards and follow the registration steps below in order.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Interpreter Service Standards
Estimated Time to Complete Registration
If the times on Eventbrite do not match your availability, please Request an Alternative Time or Location.
STEP 5: Background Check
Your certification (VQAS, EIPA or RID) will be will be used for authentication. In addition, your certification will be uploaded into your eRSP (Online Job Scheduling Software) profile to provide customers with necessary information when looking for the best interpreter match. Please provide HIS Sign with any updated certifications for more job opportunities.
Direct Deposit Form – You must sign and return this form to receive payment from HIS Sign.
Voided Check or Bank Letter – A copy of a voided check is required to confirm an active banking account. If you cannot provide us with a voided check, you may request a letter from your bank to where you want your paycheck to be deposited. Please include routing number and bank account number.
Certification of Insurance (COI) – proves that you have Professional and General Liability Insurance. As an Independent Contractor Interpreter, you could be held liable for the results of the services you provide, both through HIS Sign, and when representing yourself. As a member of RID, you are able to purchase Professional and General Liability Insurance at a discounted rate. The COI is optional. Use this link for more information.
Available Remote Screening times will be listed on our Eventbrite website.
Note that an Eventbrite ID is NOT REQUIRED!
At HIS Sign we like to know who is representing us and while certification or a screening level is a good measurement of general skill, it is not a defacto qualification to provide services in all situations.
We will have you participate in a screening interview, either remotely or at one of our offices. You will be recorded during this time for further evaluation.
Remote Screening Minimum Requirements:
• An active Skype account so you can connect with us via our “HIS.Sign” account.
• A robust internet connection that will support video for you to be recorded. To meet this requirement you would typically need to be home. Most “free” internet access (like at Panera or Starbucks) is only appropriate for email and does not support video adequately.
• Approximately 1 hour of free time in a quiet location that you can dedicate to the screening and not feel rushed.
• A device with speakers and a microphone. You can use an iPad, a PC, a Mac or any other device you are comfortable with. Bear in mind that you will be watching a video so using a phone is NOT recommended. We ask that you verify your speakers and microphone in advance of the screening and recommend that you use a headset if possible.
• A device on which you can access your email and that will play a YouTube video. During the screening interview, you will be sent three emails which will contain a link to YouTube videos. This requires that you can play the YouTube video on the same device you receive the email note.
Your Bio – We include the Bio you provide in your eRSP (HIS Sign Online Scheduling System) profile as a summary for when you are being considered for work through HIS Sign. If you keep your Bio up-to-date, any new certification or experience may result in you being available for work that you’d previously not qualified for.
Your Resume – Unless you’ve opted out, we use the Resume you provide in our response to RFP’s. You benefit from this by helping us to win RFP’s which will result in more work being available to you through your relationship with HIS Sign. If you keep your resume up-to-date, any new certification or experience may result in you being available for work that you’d previously not qualified for.