"Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is the perfect solution when you find yourself needing an ASL interpreter at the last minute."
Brian Hammrich, CEO
HIS Sign Video Remote Interpreting (HIS VRI)
A simple, affordable solution for your interpreting needs.
What is Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)?
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is an internet based service that uses devices such as your computer’s webcam and microphone as an interface for interpreting services. This is done through a remote connection to an interpreter in order to effectively facilitate communication for both parties. In a typical VRI situation, the two parties are physically located together at one location with access to a webcam enabled computer. The interpreter is at another location using a webcam enabled computer. The VRI service offered by HIS Sign facilitates communication between the participants even though they are physically separated.
Why HIS VRI?
HIS VRI sessions use highly qualified sign language interpreters who have demonstrated linguistic competence, have accumulated direct experience in settings for which they will work, and adhere to professional interpreting standards. HIS VRI has several benefits such as providing easier and faster access to communication, access to quality services, and effective use of fiscal resources. HIS VRI provides communication access for situations with an immediate need for interpreters; in addition, it meets interpreting demands when qualified onsite interpreters are not available, especially in rural areas where qualified interpreters are less accessible. HIS VRI can reduce interpreting costs through a fee structures void of travel and mileage costs.
- On Demand Services! No Pre-Scheduling Required!
- Cost Effective, Affordable per-minute rates without 2 hour minimums
- No Hidden Fees: No Setup Fees, No Monthly Fees! You only pay when you use it!
- Volume discounts
- Last-minute requests made easy: On-demand technology allows you to access services at any time, 24 x 7 x 365
- No travel costs, mileage or wait-time
- Access to skilled and highly qualified interpreters
- Offering customized solutions for your specific needs
- Technical Support available 24 x 7 x 365
- Simple Installation in Three Easy Steps: Install, Verify, and Use!
- Expedited Application setup is available
- Free training for your staff included
- Compliant with the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
HIS Sign VRI Pricing Options
HIS Sign has multiple pricing options available for our VRI customers:
- On Demand Per Minute Rates
On Demand Reduced Rates
- Established or Pre-Arranged Appointment Reduced Rates
Ease of Use:
- 3 Simple Steps: Install, Verify, and Use!
No Hidden Costs:
- No Setup Fees
- No Monthly Fees
- You only pay when you use it!
- Expedited Setup Fee: $100.00 one-time fee